'Idol' winners talk to Tuoi Tre readers

2010 Vietnam Idol-crowned Uyen Linh and runner-up Mai Huong are in Tuoi Tre to have an online chat Monday morning. If you have any questions for them, please send them to ttn@tuoitre.com.vn

They answer questions about they felt when the winner’s name was announced, their future plans, and others: 

Singer Uyen Linh with Tuoi Tre readers

Pham Thi Kim Kieu, 20 years old:  What do you think when you receive many compliments from the jury board and audience in 2010 Vietnam Idol? Are you disoriented? 

Firstly, I would like to send my warm greetings to Tuoi Tre’s readers. A nice new week and best wishes for all of you! 

Thank you! It seems to be a difficult question (smile). I am very fortunate to be awarded the title as well as winning the affection from audience and the jury board. However, I also receive criticism from them. I appreciate them because it helps me advance and improve myself. Actually, I am aware of my voice’s limits. 

I promise I will do my best to make good performances on the stage, and try not to let them down. 

Nguyen Ha Linh, 25 years old: You used to participate in singing contests. If you do not get the first prize, what would you think? 

I failed to win prizes in most contests (smile). Firstly, I joined them just for fun! However, now I have defined my passion – that is music! 

Le Sai Gon, 22 years old: I do admire your voice and music aestheticism. As a young artist and a newcomer in Vietnamese showbiz, are you afraid of falling into traps of limelight and money on the stage? What do you think? 

I know that the youths are hungry for successes. Obviously, it’s not easy for them to avoid mistakes in life. I think let all things happen naturally. I do believe that mistakes and failures help us grow stronger and shorten the way to the success. 

Nguyen Tan Loi, 30 years old: In a short time, you have become a “super star”, are you under pressure? 

I do not dare to be a super star as you said. You seem to be the first person giving me the title (smile). 

My pressure is to continue to win fans and audience’ affection by attempting to make good performances, not from the “superstar” title. I think that the 2010 Vietnam Idol’s contestants are all very potential. In fact, becoming a true artist requires many efforts. 

I think young people should not lay too much emphasis on reputation. They should work hard to pursue their passions. 

Dang Hung Long, 44 years old: Hi Linh, as I know you have just graduated from the Vietnam Academy of Diplomacy? Will you work or become a singer, or both? 

I would like to send my gratitude to the school, which provides me with helpful approaches to life. Nowadays, a cultural diplomat is playing a vital role in society, and a singer may be a diplomat of culture. 

I think a career selects the person and not the other way round. I am still young, so I will give priority to my passion – that is music. A useful trade is a mine of gold. 

Thao Song Ngu, 17 years old: Hi Linh, I am one of your crazy fans. What’s your music orientation in the future? What do you think about your “anti-fan” group? Do you want to send messages to them? 

Everyone has a right to give comments and we should respect them. I hope that they no longer hate me and will switch to loving me (smile). I also hope that my fans will forgive and give me sympathy if I make mistakes. Life will be more meaningful, if you overcome the likes and dislikes.

Uyen Linh
Uyen Linh is answering a difficult question at Tuoi Tre Newspaper Monday morning
Singer Van Mai Huong with Tuoi Tre readers
Anh Chau, 20 years old: I appreciated your behavior after you knew Uyen Linh had become the 2010 Vietnam Idol. You seemed to be very fair. What was your feeling at that time? 

Firstly, I would like to send my warm greetings to Tuoi Tre readers.

I had very mixed emotions at that time. I was very happy to hear Linh had won because she deserved it. I want to share my happiness with her. However, I was sad because I have to say goodbye to this year’s Vietnam Idol and the contestants. 

Thach Van Chuong, 35 years old: An older person wrote on Facebook: “Mai Huong deserved to represent the 9X generation (born in the 1990’s).” What do you think about the compliment? How do you plan to pursue your artistic career to deserve the encomiums from fans? 

Hi! When I read the comment, I was very happy and proud of myself. But I never feel satisfied with myself and I’ll try my best to become a singer and win fan’s affection. I’m sure I shall face challenges, but I believe that if I have passion and enthusiasm for my profession, I will achieve success. I would like to thank all fans and audiences who supported and believed in me. Thank you!!! 

Tran Doan Thanh Tu, 20 years old: Hi, Mai Huong! Congratulations! I think that both Uyen Linh and Mai Huong are winners. I think you are sensitive but also strong on the stage. Why? Do you have any plans to make an album along with Linh? 

Thanks for your compliment! I’m a strong girl and perhaps look like a boy. We intend to sing together in some music shows. But it’s very hard to release an album since it requires a lot of effort.

Thuy Ngo, 43 years old: Hi Huong, Will you continue to study for a bachelor’s degree? 

I’m very interested in television and journalism. Maybe, I’ll take the entrance exam to journalism university. 

Thank you all, readers. I hope I can meet you again soon. Thank you!!

Mai Huong
Mai Huong at Tuoi Tre Newspaper Monday morning
HCMC girl Tran Nguyen Uyen Linh, 22, who is a graduate of the Vietnam Academy of Diplomacy and a former student of Le Hong Phong high school, has recently been crowned the 2010 Vietnam Idol title. She had advanced into the finale of Sao Mai Diem Hen 2009 in North; won a special prize for Student Voices and English singing contest in Hanoi in 2008.
 Hanoi girl Van Mai Huong, 17, the runner-up of the 2010 Vietnam Idol. She is now a student at the vocal music faculty of the Hanoi College of Art and Culture. She won the fourth prize of a high school musical contest in 2009.

List of Companies - A Business Directory